Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Heart is Full



You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

Today was our first day of Kindermusik for the semester and we were ready!  Well at least I was.  Its been about two months since we had been and a lot has happened in that time.  I was anxious to see how Mila would adapt with new kids, her teacher, to the social environment we once knew.  Mila has shy moments where she will tuck her head between her legs.  She remains happy even though she feels unsure, and within seconds, she'll sit back up with a huge smile on her face!  Well, that is exactly what Mila did when we walked through the door today.  I sat her down in the entrance to take my shoes off, and she folded over like a grilled cheese sandwich :).

My expectations were not that high for today.  I honestly thought Mila would be clingy, apprehensive, and definitely wouldn't show off her crawling.  Next time I won't allow my expectations to be lower than awesome!  As soon as we walked into the packed classroom, Mila took off.  She was crawling EVERYWHERE!  She kept a huge grin on her face as she weaved throughout the crowd.  Mrs. Lisa looked up to the moving object and her jaw dropped!  She couldn't believe Mila was mobile in the few short months she hadn't seen us.  Mrs. Lisa was ecstatic and cheered Mila on.  The other moms were clueless to our celebration, but we didn't hold back our joy.

She did not stop moving the entire time!  I let her explore to her hearts content.  She would check in with me by eye contact every once in a while.  Her defense skills were totally appropriate as well.  If a kid tried to get in her way, she gently let them know she was there and she wasn't moving.  If someone tried to snatch a toy or book from her, she gripped it just right to maintain possession.  She continues to get stronger each day.  She stays motivated.  She is so happy.  One might not think to celebrate these moments, but we do.  I haven't felt this kind of joy in so long!  I am so proud of our big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment